PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC holdpool (ATPers)
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2007, 18:42
Instinct

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jonty:

I donīt know if your post was aimed for me since Dried ears donīt seem to be a part of the holding pool but if thatīs the case I just want to make a point of that my post was not a complaint. Rather the opposite in fact, looking at the last part of it. It was merely a contribution with what I believe myself to know since someone asked.
I share your view. In a year weīll be looking back totally think it was worth the wait. As far as Iīm concerned I donīt have to wait a year to believe itīs worth it, I already do.

Dried ears:

As someone pointed out youīre right about the rollercoster part, but thatīs about it.
There are many organisations taking advantage of low houred panic stricken pilots but still, after 7 months in the holding pool I tell you CTC is not one of them. I donīt know what you know about the deal but the bottom line is that WE are not the ones they make money from. The main income comes from the type ratings their partner airlines buys from them. Weīre just a result of CTC creating their own market which by the way is smart and a win-win situation. The money is nothing compared to for example bying a typerating. On top of that you get one third back in some cases. You enter the right seat without a bond and normal salary.
As far as Iīm concerned CTC has never lied, never promised anything they couldnīt keep, never painted a prettier picture of the market then they believe existed and never told anyone thereīs a guarantie of job. The fact that they donīt, is a quality mark. I would look out for any airline organisation promising people jobs on these terms. No one, not even your stock broker can guarantie your money to grow, that would be unprofessional. However, youīre right about that if he doesnīt make it happen heīll be off the market. Guess what, so would CTC. Do you have any idea why they arenīt?
Last thing I heard was that out of about 400 pilots entering the CTC scheme, every one has been employed. They still donīt guarantie employment.

/ Instinct