PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to read the bloddy books!
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2007, 14:25
NAB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay guys!

Just to explain my situation a little better. First of all, I am one off those real hardcore simulator guys, with equepment for above 1000 GBP at my room! So I have got like maybe 1000 to 2000 hours on the simulator, flying small aircrafts like C172 and so.

Further more I have got like 50 to 60 hours off reallife flying in a DA40. A very good freind of mine, who lives in Gotenborg, Sweden, did a lot of timebuilding last summer. So I flew with him over 4 weeks! (best time of my life ) So...

I can fly an entire trip (I did that this easter. We flew from Gotenborg to Tallin, and I flew the aircraft, both taxi, landing and takeoff aswell as enroute, I did the flightplanning, I communicated with ATC, I did the preflight calculations and incpection and so on. Ofcourse he monitored me at all time.)

So I think I'm pretty well prepared, but I also think that my abilities may be a problem if I don't look out! I'm trying to read everything, even the things I know how to do. (It is so boring reading 25 pages about how to read a METAR or TAF when u perfectly know how everything works. I do this because i fear that I might find something in the books that I didnt know!

Coclusion is that I am gonna read it all before I go to OBA. But if any of you have any suggestions about how to prepare for cearten things during the course please let me know.