PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC holdpool (ATPers)
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2007, 11:20
mattd2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think a large part of the problem is that for a good period there was time where graduates were finishing the course and spending only a short time in the hold pool. When I applied last July this was the case.

However, as bjkeates states it clearly explains on their website that you could be in the pool for some time, depending on current demand. When I finished the course in February I was well prepared to spend at least the next 6 months swimming. Obviously it would be nice to get a phone call asking me to start a TR next week but I am certainly under no illusion that it will be a long wait. Despite this, I believe it is still the best place to be for a low hours pilot and the quickest was into the RHS of a jet.

I am in the fortunate position of being an FI so can stay current without any further cost, but I can see it being very frustrating for guys having to pay to fly still.

In the meantime can we keep this thread on track with info about holdpool movement and not when the ATP applications may open again.