PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BCFT - Bournemouth College of Flight Training (not Groundschool)
Old 25th Apr 2007, 11:04
pomme pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Tomek,
It’s a tough decision, but only you can decide which flying establishment will suit you, gut feelings are usually pretty accurate…
With regards to BCFT, I was impressed. As I mentioned above, I was doing a conversation, so I didn’t do the full jet course. I have used other schools though, and BCFT was joint top place, with an IR school over in Australia. They were very approachable, honest, with a good A/C fleet. The only delay I suffered was due to the weather, which to be honest was pretty good, given that it was Jan when I was doing my CPL, and only lost a couple of days.
The instructors were all very experienced, for example, my instructors included a very experienced career instructor, a B747 and a B757 pilot.
The test centre is also on the field, meaning no ferrying, and minimal waits for tests, usually within 2 days!
Unfortunately, I am still seeking employment, and as far as I am aware, they do not offer assistance (this may be different with the jet line program, better ask them.)
All in all, they may not offer the prestige of Oxford, but they offer good training, and all of the staff including the HOT are interested in your progress and getting you through in the minimum time and with the minimum expense.