PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Licence Questions (requirements, costs, hours, LASORS etc.)
Old 24th Apr 2007, 20:45
Blueskyrich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CPL Minimum Hours for Commencement and Issue

Hello everyone,

Now this very lucky boy has completed his ATPL theory (one hell of a feeling let me tell you - 18 months of distance learning hell!), I need to focus on the next stage.

Now, I'm hoping that some of you lovely people out there can help with regards to the ME/CPL stage.

I'm a modular student and I'm having some issues in clarifying the minimum amounts hours I need to firstly begin the ME/CPL module and to have the CAA to sign me off?

The reason I ask is that some schools quote a minimum of 70hrs PIC and 150TT to start the training, with others quoting a figure of 100hrs PIC to begin.

Then, once you have successfully completed a CPL, can you wait until you complete an IR to save money in CAA fees? Does this make any difference with regards to the minimum hours you need for licence issue.

Whilst LASORS etc. show certain figures, it all seems a bit contradictory - can anyone clear this up?

Many thanks,
Bluesky

PS. To anyone struggling with those ATPL exams - hang in there. Keep grafting. Don't lose sight of what you want. There is hope and there is light at the end of the tunnel. Believe in yourself and it CAN happen!