PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Heathrow Tower
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2007, 18:02
Point Seven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chip

Good point mate - I was one of the safety controllers when EFPs went live at SS and I remember NAS failures at least every hour and countless FDEs vanishing. It was really tough for you guys to begin with.

And I am in no way trying to detract from what LL have achieved in saying that but it has been pretty smooth sailing so far when compared with that kind of scenario - and that is because of the countless hours of development, training and general grind that loads of staff have put in over the last 12 months especially. There are a few members of various teams whose personal lives have been firmly put on hold and any basking in reflected glory is wholly deserved.

Notwithstanding any of this, now is the time of the operational staff - and they (despite the prophecies of doom) have stepped up to the plate and shown why some people think they are as good as any others at what they do. They have taken all of those concerns and knocked them into a cocked hat. It's funny, you know, because when we were in the OVCR all the naysayers shouted loudest. In fact, I'm sure that there is an ATCO that should soon be served a hot steaming plate of Baked Hat (at least I think that was what they promised should we successfully transition with EFPS). But now, there is nothing to be heard.

I'm immensely proud of how the guys and gals are coping.

P7