PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC holdpool (ATPers)
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2007, 15:25
Instinct

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I´m preparing for a relaxed summer...

Here´s what I "know":

Last movements after the "EZY raid" were two guys to FCA (A320) and four guys to TCX (757). Both deals were 6 months contract and I got the impression the possibility for a prolonged employment was bigger with FCA but not ruled out with TCX.

2 guys are still swimming from the AQC that started in September and ended in October. I believe three guys have been taken from the course behind, however I don´t know how many are left from that course.

The general opinion seems to be - not very surprisingly - that the charters are done with the recruitment for the season, but then again, you never know when they might come screaming in panic needing pilots preferably yesterday.

EZY seems to be focusing on their TRSS guys at the moment. There are no CTC people booked for any of the courses in May, however there are a few blank names. This means the names havn´t been given to CTC, but that they´re _probably_ marked for TRSS guys. Again, with a bit of luck...
June and July seemes to be a big black hole as far as EZY is concerned, but the situation in August pretty much matches May. Again though, with a bit of luck.

I don´t know how much of the above is actually news to you all but this is the picture I have from talking to people inside and outside CTC. It´s not a very positive picture but we all know what comes with false hope. To be honest my mindset is to consider any movement over summer as a bonus, not to become dissapointed. Having that said, I´m among the two first in the pool. I´ve been here for seven months and my friends are already flying. After all, in a year well look back laughing at this since we´re after all sitting on pretty much the best deal a newbie can have.

Keep swimming, try not to drown!

/ Instinct