PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Current Gulf Air issues (threads merged)
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2007, 08:06
tbaylx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ODEMA is a GF customer, not a Boeing pilot. He raises a valid point that our new management is addressing. The B767's are being phased out not because they are a bad aircraft, but because the cost to redo the interiors to a suitable standard, and the costs of running a two type fleet are becoming more than what Bahrain wants to deal with.

ODEMA, you should notice a marked improvement in the interiors of the aircraft over the next several months, as well as some of the other issues Trader mentioned.

As for jack's off the cuff comments, the boeing guys are not interested in sticking it to the company. All we're asking for is some information on how many people they need, how many of us are "surplus" and can feel free to look for work elsewhere and how long we have. If we don't get that information i'll assume worst case scenario and guess it's July 1st i'm out of work if i'm not willing or able to sign another 3 year bond on the Airbus. Nice to know they'll keep 50 of us till March next year, that at least gives us an idea of the numbers that will need to leave or sign.