PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pax cockpit access - are there rules?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2007, 23:46
MarlboroLite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The good old days

Speaking as a SLF

1. Sitting on in the flight deck whilst doing the checker board approach into Kai Tak

2. Being up on the flight deck of a BA744 from WSSS to YSSY for 3 hours over the outback, whilst Capt and FO explained to me what all the different systems did and showing just how computerised it was

3. Being on the flightdeck of an Air France F28 landing into Toulouse

4. Kendall Airways Saab 340, they used the jump seat to carry an extra pax from Melbourne to Devonport....being handed a set of DC headsets and allowed to listen on the 1hour flight

5. Sat on the flight deck of a BA742 from San Francisco to Heathrow, extra special because the plane was named after my home city..."City of Peterborough"

6. Flying on numerous Britannia 732s and visiting the flight deck whilst getting the capts signiture in your young flyers log book

7. Being allowed to visit a Dan-Air 727 flight deck (i believe the Capts name was Rolf Harris?)

Magical memories from my childhood/teen years, just a shame we now live in a society that promotes fear, and knowing that my children (when i have them) will never be able to experiance what i did