PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rothmans Aerobatic Team (& Others)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2007, 19:36
On-MarkBob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi again

BADX crashed in Lanzarotte, it was the first ever air crash on the island. needless to say they were a little unprepared for it. It wouldn't have made any difference, George was well dead. I was the first team member at the scene, having persuaded the Fire Crew that this was for real and not part of the act, I jumped in the fire wagon with them and headed for the crash site just outside the airport perimeter at the end of the runway.

Richard Butler phoned me today, he just found the site, apparently Bob Thomson put him on to it. For those who don't know Richard was the tour manager for the team and came everywhere with us, it was great to hear from him and I hope he can get up to see me sometime, now that he's 'retarded', His words, not mine!

Hopefully this is going to be the start of 'The Book' !!! , so when you have read this far, Richard, get writing and let's see some of those millions of pictures you took!

Talking of pictures, does anyone know how to get the pictures back on the thread??? There must be a competant sole out there so please do us a big favour, somebody, please!

Rgs. to all, BOB.