PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Takeoff/safety brief by Flying Pilot
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2007, 16:49
cosworth211

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I use something upon these lines -
"This is a departure from xxxx runway xx, the wind is xxxx and is in limits, the runway surface condition is xxxx.
Upon receiving clearance to depart I will line up, hold the brakes and set 2000rpm, and check the T's and P's.
I will release the brakes, apply full power and accelerate. Upon reaching 60kts I will call "speed alive" and x-check T's and P's.
I will rotate at 80kts, climb initially at 90kts, before accelerating to 100kts at 400ft. With insufficent runway remaining and below 112kts I will select gear up. At 1000ft I will set 25/25 on the throttles and rpm levers.
In the event of an engine failure on the take off roll I will close the throttles, brake straight ahead and advise ATC. If this event happens after rotation, with the gear down and sufficent runway remaining I will close the throttles and land straight ahead on the runway. In the event of an engine failure with insufficent runway remaining and the gear up I will return to land. If I am in VMC I will join the circuit, if I am in IFR I will request vectors. I will advise ATC which engine has failed and make all turns towards the live engine.
In the event of an emergency, you or I being the more senior pilot will take command of the aircraft and may request assistance of the other pilot.
Do you have any questions?"
Bit long winded, alot of others I have seen follow this sort of thing but cut parts out.