PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swansea (Ad Nauseum)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2007, 13:21
rotorvision65

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would agree with Metal man that all of the staff without exception at Swansea are friendly coureous and helpfull bearing in mind the atmosphere they must be working in! not knowing if the airport is to be closed or not. The other thing to consider is that Heli Charter Wales has somewhat ripped off the name of Heli Air Wales to joe public who tends to know very little of the aviation industry that the two companies were in some way linked? at the end of the day it all boils down to the fact that the Airport "manager" has not got a clue and is treating the long term tennants with utter contempt(Not that the recent arrival of the parachute club should be treated with any less respect)!! What next Cardiff Aviation Acadamy being allowed to fly off their trial lessons at Swansea or another Parachute company and micro light company being given a couple of days a month each with no (or minimal) overheads? I know why dont all of the schools on the airport inform Roy Thomas or his socially inept manager that they are closing down? where will he be then? Perhaps the tennants/residents of EGFH should hold a meeting off airfield to discuss a plan of action as there are many eminent and well connected pilots flying from EGFH. I mean Quote: "The dearest fuel & hangarege in the country" added to this the fact that the place is now only licenced 5 days a week!! I think everybody is being ripped off!!