PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA: Un-%$#&ing Believable!!!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2007, 12:17
Air Ace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CASA: Un-%$#&ing Believable!!!

CASA Press Release August 2006:
Rob Collins leaves CASA for fresh challenges

Rob Collins - Group General Manager General Aviation - is leaving CASA next month to pursue a private business opportunity. Rob, who has worked for CASA and its predecessors for almost 16 years, will own and manage a fuel supply and retail business on the Warrego Highway, near Ipswich.

Chief executive officer, Bruce Bryon, said today Rob's decision to leave CASA is sad but completely understandable. Bruce said: "Rob has served CASA in a variety of roles over the years with great distinction. In recent times he has played a key role in reforming the way CASA operates and we will all miss his wide range of skills and his thoughtful contributions. But the lure of running his own business, as well as making a lifestyle change, has obviously been too strong and I wish him and his wife every success in their new venture."

Chief operating officer, Bruce Gemmell, said today Rob's departure will be a loss to both CASA and the aviation industry. Bruce said: "Rob has a huge range of contacts throughout the aviation industry and is very well respected by everyone. This network, as well as his years of experience in aviation, have helped CASA and the aviation industry to understand and successfully meet many safety challenges, particularly in the general aviation sector. While the aviation industry will rue his loss, the local community served by his business will be gaining a talented and friendly business leader."

Rob Collins said today moving out of the aviation industry into a completely different type of business environment was both scary and exciting. Rob said: "This was simply the case of an opportunity arising that was too good to refuse. It is a business with a multi million dollar turnover, with all the challenges that go with that, and my wife and I just want to have a go. I'm leaving CASA with many great memories and I'm proud of the contribution I've made to the organisation's development and progress. I have many friends in CASA and aviation in general and I thank all of them for making my job enjoyable and fruitful over the years."
“The CASA Briefing”
December 2006
“Greg Vaughan has been appointed the new general manager of CASA’s General Aviation group. Greg takes over from the recently retired Rob Collins.”
Sky News April 2007 re the Lockhart River accident:
"The manager responsible for setting those standards was relieved of his position and has since left CASA during the investigation……”
CASA web site today:
CASA Industry Complaints Commissioner

If you have a complaint for CASA there are a number of ways to let us know:

Alternatively, if you would like to speak to someone personally please contact Robert Collins, acting Industry Complaints Commissioner, by phone on 02 6217 1181 or email [email protected].
Un-%$#&ing Believable!!!

Last edited by Air Ace; 23rd Apr 2007 at 12:31.