PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick North terminal - not my aisle!!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2007, 11:32
MyData
Fixed+Rotary (aircraft, not washing lines)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrrrr

Was at Gatwick North last Wednesday evening for the first time in years. Took 50 (five-zero) minutes to get through security. Only 3 of the 9 available scanners in operation. Huge queues, much consternation.

What really, really got my goat is the life size cardboard cut outs they have. Of a smiling chap with his one bag and saying "I'm smiling because I've only got one bag". Actually mate, I'm very pi**ed off because I've only got one back and it is the numptie fellow passengers ahead of me who don't quite comprehend that 2 is more than 1, and so is 3, and 4 for that matter.

And the priority lane was closed - good thing I didn't buy the upgrade on the Gatwick express.

So before I revert totally to gas-guzzling selfish personal car transport I might suggest that the government air transport policy is changed to a system where each major airport is duplicated across town and we have "My First Airport" experiences for the once-per-year traveller and those who have to stop to read all the yellow sign directions, and don't quite realise shoes, coats, electronic devices, knives etc. have to be declared before security. And there will also be "Professional Airports" where frequent fliers can go - of course these airports will be funded by the additional tax revenues generated by frequent fliers. Those using a "Professional Airport" will be allowed one non-Professional Airport guest but will be responsible and liable for their behaviour at all times.

F3G - I had similar at LHR a couple of weeks ago, some numptie getting all hot and bothered about the two bag scenario "Yes, but this one fits into this one, I'm only getting the smaller one out so I can get my laptop out, as your colleagues will soon be demanding of me..."

Gatwick: An airport to avoid in the future!