PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet - Crew Discussions
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2007, 09:18
Dolley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
smartjordan:

Oh no, that can be a pain! You gonna have to be very pro-active, chasing up your referees and phoneing the ID department so you know what's going on!

uniform-related:

Have you heard about the 'new' new uniform they are trailing? The one we voted for (well, not me, personally but as the winning one) but they ruined it by adding lots of orange bits to it?
Supposedly it looks so awful that the professional designer who worked with the crew design wants his name removed from the project and not be assossiated with it anymore!!! I only heard this third hand so not sure how true this is but I can very well imagine...

on a personal note:

I had my coaching flight 2 days ago and it went ok, very easy flights, not even a special or anything out of the ordinary (besides me at the front and being scared brainless!).
My check flight was yesterday and they had changed it to a two sector day which was nice but it was sooooo busy! On the first sector I had 4 wheel chair sierra (two of them actually being charlies), one romeo and one Meet and Assist! Pax were extremly demanding though nice and luckily my crew was extremly helpful and supportive!
On the second sector we had turbulence (mild but seatbelts signs were on) and again, very busy (and a few children being sick and naughty despatchers) and at the end of the day my number 2 sealed the bar and had still most of the funcards out so I had to go through the whole 'red seal procedure'...
Anyway, although the day was quite demanding I got signed off as a SCCM and today I've got my first flight on my own...
Very pleased but still a bit nervous but I guess that will stay for a little while until it becomes routine...:-)

Thanks again everybody for support and advice!