PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick North terminal - not my aisle!!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2007, 17:23
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Gatwick North terminal - not my aisle!!

Time to top stewing and start posting, cos as a worker in the industry if the nonsense I saw this morning continues Aviation workers in the UK are going to be looking for new jobs.
Traveling early this AM through Gatwick North terminal; I, along with many others, had run the gaunlet of the charming Yellow T shirt brigade and were heading through the roped channels towards the boarding pass control booths. My queue stops, due to the speed of processing of one particular passenger. File of people builds up behind us. Then several of us notice the two booths to the left of us are suddenly clear so we decide to ask, ever so nicely, if it's possible to slide across, under the barriers to be processed via one of the vacant lines.
Answer.. "No".....We ask again..."No". Thought about asking WTFN but decide as this is UK best to shut up and wait otherwise we will all be no doubt labelled as disruptive and invited to meet the man and women in black. So over a dozen seething pax are left standing in line while the two other boarding card checkers gaze at their nails.
I've looked back on what happened, can't see any security rational to this nonsense, no "Elf and Safety" problems, so I have to conclude it was sheer bl***dy mindedness.
I fear for the future of the UK's airports, I really do.