PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VS A340 pilot breathalysed at LHR: WRONGLY ACCUSED
Old 22nd Apr 2007, 15:06
cargo boy
I've only made a few posts so I don't feel the need to order a Personal Title and help support PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There you go again bjcc:
Originally Posted by bjcc
He had alcohol in his blood, is it not also a possibility that it gave an accurate reading, which then reduced, as it would and at a time later when a blood test was taken was below that limit?
It COULD have been alcohol in his blood IF he had been drinking the night before the flight. However, I know the pilot and I know his colleagues and I know he is not the type to abuse his position or privilege by doing something so stupid which is why those of us that know him were so surprised.

Of course, your insinuation that it was probably a low level of ALCOHOL and had disappeared by the time he gave blood is just typical of the police (especially ex) that are so sure of themselves. Now I know what they do with all the bits of foreskin that are removed after a circumcision. They wait until they have enough and they make a plod out of them!

The breath testing machine used has a known flaw in that it canot differentiate between Acetone and Alcohol. Typical of someone like you to back up a mistake by the police by insiniuation that it was probably a low level of alcohol and not more likely Ketones due to the low carbohydrate diet.

I suppose benefit of the doubt must be a real pain for someone like you. Thankfully, you may be involved with aviation now but none of us have to put up with the likes of you on the flight deck.

Oh, and yes, this is quite venomous because there is nothing worse than someone who comes on here and tries to expound an air of 'expertise' when in fact it has been shown that it is not necessarily so. Worse still, you try to insinuate that a colleague who has been exonerated probably only did so because of the delay between the initial breath test and the blood sample being given. I hope the stitches that hold you together rot.