PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - it's time for the chinese pilot to learn english
Old 22nd Apr 2007, 14:01
BusBusBus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well if your chinese brothers were pushing as much tin as the JFK guys, they would have to speak faster too. I bet JFK ATC handles more movements in an hour than those beijing controllers do all day.

And thats with just one ground controller. Look at HKG, they have two separate ground controllers, plus a supervisor, just to handle the little ground movements they have compared to JFK.

Not saying the US way is perfect, but when I fly into that north-east corridor and hear that ole Brooklyn slang firing over the radio...i feel all warm and cozy.....and more importantly: SAFE!!!
The last I check, Air China arrive and leave the JFK about the same time as the Cathay A346, which happens to be during the quite hours in JFK. So I don't see the need to be rude and speak non-standard English. I think that ATC controller is on of the few rude ones in JFK and should be fired period.

And flying into JFK area is safe? OMG, I can't even count the times that I get TCAS TA and wonders what the hack are those controller is doing. They are just plain unprofessional period. JFK is definitly one of the highest risk port for Cathay.

Bus