PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My First Line Flight
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2007, 11:32
Mungo Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While I can't say I share dartagnan's desperation, I empathise with Tol Tol. I spent years dreaming of flying, and my ultimate aim was to land a jet at LHR. Now thats accompished I can hardly beleive I made it, however, I have to say it was ever so slightly anticlimatic. Flying straight down an ILS somehow doesn't match the gratification I used to get from nailing a demo glide approaches in a light single onto a short grass strip in gusty winds. I really miss the oppourtunity to really manoeuvre a plane as I wish. On the other hand I get a kick out of seeing all the passengers get off and thinking I've just landed this jet with all these people on board and yet not long ago I was doing trial lessons in a cessna! I also love sitting in the cruise enjoying the view, feasting on all the data presented infront of me, all whilst sipping my cup of tea and earning in an hour what I was getting for a days work!

I certainly shan't be giving up my new position however, I simply spend some of the money I now have on flying for pleasure! Best of both worlds!