PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VS A340 pilot breathalysed at LHR: WRONGLY ACCUSED
Old 22nd Apr 2007, 11:21
cargo boy
I've only made a few posts so I don't feel the need to order a Personal Title and help support PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bjcc
As for your last comment.......Do you really think that helps?
It helps in as much as your implication of possible guilt: "But that test result was then not the time of arrest."

It is your consistent pontification, based on a past career which I have reason to believe was not left honourably, that casts doubt on the fact that the pilot was not under the influence of alcohol. You already made suggestions that you believe that many of your suspects managed to get off a prosecution because of the time it took between administering the original breath test and the subsequent evidential one or blood test. Thankfully it is not for you to decide as you appear to have a vindictive streak.

In this case, we do not know if the officer could smell "intoxicating liquor" or whether he or she decided to administer the breath test because they had the power to do so based solely on the security monkey's allegation. Of course it is impossible to prosecute the security monkey because of their claim that they were sure they could smell alcohol but based on my and my colleagues experience of these people, they have about as much initiative as a pebble and will puff up their egos by believing that they have a vital role to play in aviation when most of us know that they are nothing but lackeys who are not trusted to have any initiative and are paid to implement stupid security rules that are, in reality, nothing more than a waste of time and money.

So, in anticipation of your need to always have the last word PC bjcc, I will now hand the floor back to you.