PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 3
Thread: BRISTOL - 3
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2007, 10:25
pez1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mathers,

As far as I've been made aware, Excel have been doing very well from Bristol to date, so I can't see them moving back to Cardiff-and I'm not sure what the other big announcement could be.......any ideas anyone?!

Watabench,

With the merger of Thomsonfly and First Choice into 'TUI Choice', do you think that the Bristol based FCA and TOM crews will be merged together at BRS to create minimum job losses or base transfer requirements? I hope so.

It could be looked at from the point of view that TOM aren't closing their base at BRS, simply merging it with FCA's base there?
As has been said before in previous posts, it does looks like TOM want to concentrate their efforts on CWL and FCA's theirs on BRS. However, when/ if the merger goes through, surely it's just going to be the same airline; 'TUI Choice', operating from two different bases again?!

From the loads I've seen of FCA and TOM out of BRS, both appear to be doing well, and there seems to be enough demand to keep the current capacity that the two airlines have operating independently at the moment. I can't see the logic in loosing the TOM aircraft next summer, as it just seems to be reducing the capacity of the 'TUI Choice' product from BRS when the merger has taken place.