PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAM & Dom/Reg FAAA
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2007, 09:21
Pegasus747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The diiference between the casuals in Long Haul some time ago, and the MAM casuals in short haul now are that the LH casuals were part of the LONG HAUL EBA. Same conditions and rates of pay. Only difference being that they were genuine casuals.

In short haul the C scale casuals are being used as a substitute full time work force. It's totally immoral.

I understand the plight of the casuals, and i am aware that many of them have contacted their own union (SH FAAA ) and made their displeasure known.

I think that we ALL have a responsibility to ensure that casuals are not used to undermine full time employment and full time employees.

I think that casuals have their uses in peaks and troughs but not as a substitute full time work force.

The short haul faaa cannot regulate the numbers of casuals now its too late under the current laws. But a vote for RUDD will at least change the laws back a little to perhaps they can. and also allow the LH FAAA to keep a lid on the use of overseas based crew.

As for the papers and the so called facts that they have printed are yet to be proven but it does make interesting reading at the moment