PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OAT (Oxford) - the thread, reborn (Part XXVII)!
Old 21st Apr 2007, 16:17
garywoodrow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OAT vs. Other schools

As im nearing the end of my first year of AS I have been looking into my options. I will be applying at schools the day I leave college but after looking into the options im still stuck for choice.

After looking at OAT and there brochures and searching this forum I still cannot find the answer... OAT, Do you get what you pay for? I realise the cost is much higher than other schools, so do you get better training, or more likely to land a job, or should i just go for the cheapest option. I dont mind taking a loan for the expensive OAT as long as i get the best training etc.

I have also looked into FTE, total costs nearing £65k, whereas OAT is nearly £75-80k. Im really stuck here, and dont really get any help with the decision at home. So is it best to go for cheapest, or best (if OAT is better training etc)

I would really appreciate any help on this, and before i get redirected to stickies and other threads and told to search, i already have but still couldnt find anything to help.

Regards,
Gary Woodrow