PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair forces boy with leg in plaster to stand on 2 hour flight
Old 21st Apr 2007, 10:09
old,not bold

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Some of the comments here seem to miss the point...

A) The problem should never have reached the aircraft, what on earth were the ground staff doing, checking in someone who clearly could not occupy a single seat, and simply passing on the problem to the aircraft staff. I would sack the supervisor involved. This is particularly bad when they knew the flight was nearly full.

B) Those responsible for the boy were incredibly stupid to think that they needed to make no special arrangements to travel for a boy whose plaster cast prevented him from using a single seat. I have liitle sympathy with their protestations and irresponsibility in booking his seat and just turning up.

C) Ryanair cabin crew have a culture of contempt (copied by ground staff handling their passengers, Ryanair or otherwise) for their customers that frequent users of their services have learned to ignore (my method is an iPod with the volume turned up), and it doesn't affect one's safety or disrupt the journey at all. It is ridiculous to buy travel on their flights with any higher expectation. This contempt springs from the notion that their customers have paid very little, when frequently the opposite is the case.

Last edited by old,not bold; 21st Apr 2007 at 10:12. Reason: Another Typo