PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe DEC Q400
Thread: Flybe DEC Q400
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2007, 08:55
The Little Prince

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Not as black as it's painted!!

Like most airlines, Flybe is not the dream job, if indeed there is such a thing. However, it is far better than any other regional I can presently think of, and unsurpassed (ie no worse) by any previous of my own experience, including Logy and Manx prior to the BA poison. It does prioritise making a profit, (hardly unreasonable) which means it has stayed round for quite a while. It also has the advantage of deepish pockets, which again explains how it's survived the ups and downs of the business. Being regional, it will never match Easy/Ryan, nor TOM/FCA/MYT in their salary scales, nor will it come close to National Legacies. It's unlikely to ever operate seriously large metal.
What it will do, (if that floats your boat), is give you interesting flying on relatively new and well maintained Turboprops and commuter jets, it will allow you home most nights - given the constraints of the business (this latter seems to be often forgotten by bits of Baconrind and other slaggers), and it will pay relatively top dollar for the job.
It will allow newbies in, and provided you stick to the contract you sign, it will let you go with a cheery wave if and when you want to move on to big city boring (better-paid) longish haul on a scruggs wonderjet.
It's not perfect, nor is everyone who works for it in training or management (particularly with the ex-bacons ) however it is a perfectly fair day's pay for a fair day's work.
Look around prune, there seem to be very few airlines where the pilots on here say
"great job, I love my management, they pay me more than I want, and I'm always trying to work more days for free and get more nightstops..."
Really chaps, vote with your feet - plenty have, there are always replacements just as there are always people who want a regional lifestyle!
Aussie, get on the phone to Exeter, get your CV in, look forward to seeing you in the RHS (as long as you don't talk cricket or rugby )