PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Denied Boarding
Thread: Denied Boarding
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2007, 17:03
c45arlo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Denied Boarding

My wife was denied boarding through the usual overbooking on Qatar out of Cebu to Man via Doha last night. I wonder what the situation is regarding getting them to cough up compensation as the $250 offered at the airport is a joke and she obviously refused it. I rang the desk at the airport and from what I could gather this level of compensation was offered because she was travelling on a Philippines passport (UK indefinite leave to remain) instead of an EU passport, thereby racially discriminating regards compensation levels(ticket purchased in UK and this was the return leg). Has anyone any suggestions for getting the airline to cough up a realistic level of compensation short of taking them to court(which I will do if I have to) I realise this falls outside of the EU compensation regulations being a non EU airline. The delay between being denied boarding and being offered an alternative flight was 18 hours and has been routed via HKG and LHR with Cathay. There was availability on an earlier Silk air flight to Singapore and onwards to Man with Singapore airlines which they refused to transfer her to.
Any useful suggestions welcome.