PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAM & Dom/Reg FAAA
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2007, 13:21
samford

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happicampa

I've worked on both sides of the fence and I can tell you, there is a hell of alot more shafting going on in S/H, then I have ever been witness to in L/H.

We are SHORT HAUL, I don't consider for one moment that BOM-SYD should be considered as such. When the overseas bases started, we didn't expect our very own collegues in S/H to be doing LONG haul flying. You see, long haul are now loosing flying in all directions, but at least we knew where things were heading with the overseas bases. God knows what the S/H division will have us doing next.

In response to supporting our union, I agree with your point, but you are forgetting a major point here. We are the union, we as members make up the FAAA and as such our views need to be taken seriously. I am tired of the scare tactics adopted by the association and raising a concern gets very little or no merit at all, afterall "thats what we pay them for"...isn't it?. If there is a market to drop QF flights and replace them with J*, then it's going to happen regardless of our conditions.

I know the issues go beyond this, but we are never going to move forward because of the attitudes like "thats the way it is, nothing we can do about it" seem to be the easier option for alot of people out there.

I for one would rather go down with a little integrity, by trying to protect what little we have left. What I, and countless others have fought for during my 25 years and those who served previously.