PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Current Gulf Air issues (threads merged)
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2007, 10:11
Desert_Storm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

C'mon guys, let's chill out a little bit here and start phocusing on what's really important at this very moment. I'd like to act as the Devil's advocate if you allow me on behalf of the sky chefs. First of all, this guys are not the ones to blame since there were offered this job for a decent salary and they TOOK it as we all would have done it in their cases, wouldn't we?. Second of all, the problem there is not if they are making 1800 or 2000 BD a month, the problem is that the rest of the hard working cabin crew members (specially the bahrainis) are making almost nothing for their work and that's the real problem; nothing will be fix sacking this sky chefs. I really think that what makes you successful in this aviation business among other things is to offer a state of the art service and here is where QR,EY,and EK are light years away from us: immaculate cabins, punctuality, excellent connections worldwide (including code sharing of course). We can't still thinking as pilots only, we have to try to get in the passengers/clients or customers pants as you prefer and think what THEY WANT. As someboby wrote in this thread before, the characteristics of our customers are quite different in this part of the world and think that what they want (among other thing again) is premium service and quality; guess this includes the skychefs even if they are only there to heat up the meals in the ovens but for sure the our customers will be very satisfied despite most of this guys are not Bocusse or Adrian Ferrá.
Nevertheless, i'm pretty sure GF is laughing out loud seeing how we critizise and fight between each other instead of getting together and fight for what we want (I mean get together the whole crew memebers including F/A's, Skychefs, S/N's, Pilots,etc). At the end, without our help no money is produced so believe me guys, THEY NEED THE CREWMEMBERS TO KEEP GOING AND MAKE SOME MONEY.
Any way, based on the history, it's easier to get 20 monkeys together and keep them steady for a picture rather than getting a couple of crewmembers together with an agreement. Our big ego is gonna kill us dudes.
No hard feeling and cheers mates!