PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAM & Dom/Reg FAAA
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2007, 09:59
Happicampa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lowerlobe

Who wins in the undercutting........ Your right mate the Company and Darth, you got it in one. But where did the undercutting start..... JQ undercut SH, MAM undercut SH, SH undercut LH, o/s bases undercut LH and now JQI undercut LH. Yes the company wins, big time, everytime, but unless the law changes and makes it illegal for them to do any of this, we'd all better get used to being undercut. The big difference between our guys and your guys, is that ours just gets on with business call it "cosy" call it what you like, meanwhile your guys scream and carry on in the papers pointing the bone at whoever they can, but don't end up any better off for it.

But if agreeing to the regional flying saved my job by guaranteeing flying for us then I'm thankful for that. I'm not saying its a perfect situation but I've still got my job and so has everyone who still WANTS a job as far as I can see. We've all only been OFFERED VR haven't we ? If there's been forced redundancies anywhere I'll stand corrected.

I'm not saying "we're alright Jack, stuff the rest of you", but the harsh reality is life is not the same as 10 years ago..... Cast your mind back, we had two dom airlines and one Qantas international. I reckon saying we had the best conditions in the world wouldn't be far off the mark either. But then life changed and the o/s bases started for you guys and we got the LCC's. God knows what the new guys will do when they get here, but thats another story. Its been a downhill slide for roughly 10 years but it is what it is - and thats a $hitfight.

While I don't have to like the decisions my union makes, I can honestly say, in the end they have been in the best interest of keeping us all in a job and I am happy with that. And just because I openly support and understand where my union is coming from, doesn't mean I'm on the union, god knows I haven't got the time or the patience. There are plenty of us that support what sh have done for us and fully understand why it had to be done.

Quote" No wonder the company is getting away with all of this...
I'll ask again mate, how does anyone stop it ? Johnny wrote them a step by step guide on how to screw the worker while their hands are tied behind their backs........ its about 10 years old and recently updated...... its now called WorkChoices.

Last edited by Happicampa; 20th Apr 2007 at 10:11.