PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Support
Thread: Flight Support
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2007, 19:18
Anotherflapoperator

I know that a lot of the IOM issues that have caused grief to the cabin crews onboard is NOT the fault of Flight Support, but of FlyBE's system generating problems. Internet checkin pax get a seat allocated to find the local system allocates the same seat. No-one behind the desks can see this until the pax discrepancy appears and Manx Regional have to sort it out. Same with duplicate baggage tags.

Airside it appears to be FS incompetence or collusion to help EMX, but the reality is nothing of the sort. For those FS staff that have received grief, I'd like to apologise for accusations that have come your way no matter where from, based on lack of, or wrong information. That's just not cricket.

Cabingal, we are all frustrated by problems, but sometimes the fault is not where it seems from our end. We all have to try to hold back from letting steam out inadvertently.

Take the time to go to the desk and ask one of the staff if you want to understand the issues, as I have. Often the late arrival of information to MR for the loadsheet is again due to problems in the check-in system, again an IT issue.