PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pre-flight SNAFU's that could have been FUBAR's
Old 19th Apr 2007, 12:56
Ultralights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just last week, in a new aircraft i had just purchased, completed my 3rd full stop touch and go, when on down wind, i decided the next one will be a complete stop, taxi back and normal take off, then a local flight to get the feel of steep turns (new aircraft is a single seater) take off seamed very short compared to the last 3, climb out was normal, in cruise i couldn't get past about 80 kts, (normal cruise was indicating 100 and VFE is 65kts) anyway, all went well, back to the airport, on base, went for the flap lever to select 20 deg, only to find the flap lever was already at the 30 deg mark..... i had flown the last 40 mins with fulll flap, and not only that, but took off with full flap... a big no-no in the POH.....
my excuse it was an unfamiliar aircraft my 3 rd hour in it, a single seater and has very different control layout.....
inspections have shown no damage was done....
i learned about pre-take off checks again after that one! even if you were flying just minutes before!!