PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAM & Dom/Reg FAAA
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2007, 21:53
Happicampa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you suggesting that QF would not have as many casuals as they do, if it wasn't for MAM and sharing an office with the FAAA ? If so I'm sorry but thats ludicrous ! If it wasn't MAM it would be one of the other labour hire companies, like Adecco (I think thats who they use in NZ) and what the FAAA sharing an office has to do with it is beyond me.

The laws not only allow it, they actively encourage the use of casuals in EVERY workforce, the less guarantee of anything, the better. That's just one primary focus of our new laws. If it wasn't the players we have today, it would be their replacements. MAM get help when needed from the union, I know of a few who have, in fact I've called them myself to get help for a MAM kid, they were good with me and the kid.

And as for Cotello leaving the libs and joining the labour party, yes definately newsworthy, but we're not in Federal Politics here ! This is relatively small union who has an ex employee, covering his workers with an EBA (when he doesn't have to) and paying them decent T&C as CASUALS. Thats right CASUALS, because there are no full time jobs anymore and thats the harsh reality of the airline business in 2007.

The SH FAAA came out this week and said MAM have been sub letting the space off them since Ansett went down, but now that their in a better financial position, their getting something for themselves again. I have to say it sounded reasonable to me, have a read its sobering.

http://www.faaadomestic.org.au/news.asp?id=935

I know that won't go down well, being even remotely supportive of the SH FAAA on here, but they do have lots of supporters, for good reason.