PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Current Gulf Air issues (threads merged)
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2007, 18:22
Icarus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We don't all sit on our 'fat arses' doing nothing other than 'moving our mouse'!

There is more to an airline than just its pilots - this maybe a pilot web-site but your statement is unacceptable to those of us who are non-flying staff and work just as hard as you do with the same intent of being loyal, committed, resourceful, and productive contributors.

I for one am sick to my stomach after hearing the talk at yesterdays briefing; discovering that JH only really provided a brand and product improvement at the cost of unbelievable losses and 'bent' profit. I feel cheated by the Oz contingent and wonder if I will ever trust anyone at the very top of this company again to deliver on commitments. I am seriously considering whether I should stay!

Just the same as you however, I don't live in a palace, I have kids going to school - I have the same monetary issues as you. I will (I hope) be judged and rewarded on my performance - perhaps that needs to apply accross the board and include you guys too. Perhaps an extra gold-bar to balance the chip on the other shoulder!

Hopefully the deadwood, the politically connected and brown-nosers will be weeded out this time for good and the stage set for a modicum of success. Inevitably good people will go too, just for the reasons you stated above - that's life. AD I am sure will have more important things to worry about - accept the situation and take a step forward or move on.