PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Mauritius ab-initio program 2006/2007
Old 18th Apr 2007, 13:25
raviMK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Mauritius ab-initio program 2006/2007

Hi mates..
Thank you again for all the PMs and questions received.. and all the comments/happenings on the thread..
I am quite dissapointed to see the quality of certain postings..the ones lately made are poor and not related to the theme I have proposed to discuss..
There are better ways to compile all this rubbish in a different threads and I urge the one(s) to do it somewhere else..
Lets get back to work..

As mentioned months ago,I did tell that the selection process is gonna be really quick..The final interview is very soon and it is expected that the selected candidiates will fly to 43 Air School before September 2007..

I did get the opportunity to see some of you already and I am confident that after rigorous screening,the right candidates will be chosen..This year's papers were suprisingly easy though most candidates were rather unprepared..The general results show that school leavers and fresh college/university candidates have scored more..but it does't mean that the new group of cadets will consist mostly of them..

The psychometric test did reveal the usual behaviour patterns of regulars and on the other side,some highly motivated candidates..The panel interview will be the final stage to confirm all the compiled results..
Air Mauritius is already planning to prepare flight deck crew for the forthcoming A330s..and there is some planning which is being done so that A319 colleagues can switch over within a matter of days..The biggest shortage is on the A340s but expats are still coming in high numbers to resolve the problem for the time being.

The SBM bond will be signed after medicals.. It should be conducted within one month after the panel interviews..
I will try to get hold of the contract and see if there is anything worth mentioning here in a few weeks..
And as mentioned,there will be an assessment awaiting successful candidates once they are invited to participate in the training at the Air School..

Hope this answers and covers all the questions I received..
Wish you guys and girls all the best..See you all at the Paille en Queue Bldg and onboard very soon..
RaviMK..