PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B-206/AS-350 for EMS?
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2007, 11:09
Jamair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What, a pilot can't have an experiential opinion? As it happens, I do more than one job (depending on the day of the week - or even the time of day )and so can make some fairly accurate observations and statements pertaining to more than one profession - and I try to make sure my opinions are supported by scientific research rather than emotive and annecdotal evidence.

No, not Vic.

I didn't say SPEED, I said TIME - big difference. Time from insult to definitive care is what determines outcomes.

And basic care is a vital part of the equation. (Basic care includes oxygenation, which may range from simple face mask with supplemental O2, to induction and intubation / ventilation; perfusion maintenance, which could be as simple as posturing and applying a dressing to a bleeder, through to IV fluid resuscitation and blood transfusion; maintaining normothermia, treating presenting issues with whatever interventions and pharmacologies are indicated.....so 'Basic Care' is not necessarily 'basic', but at the same time seldom if ever needs a physician to perform in this field.)

So what do you do in the US in IMC? Are these smaller aircraft IFR? Don't these contracts stipulate operational minimum requirements?

Last edited by Jamair; 18th Apr 2007 at 14:29.