PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - it's time for the chinese pilot to learn english
Old 18th Apr 2007, 10:39
sam34

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
" c'mon, isn't all aviation training conducted in english???? How do they get through training? "

well, you're wrong! do you believe that the aviation training is conducted in english in all countries ??

Well in france is conducted in french for us! and we have to learn english when we have time not in a FTO!
In spain for the spanish the course is in spanish!!

It is normal that you believe it is in english because maybe you' re an english speaker, so if you want to train in an other country (like spain because it is cheaper) you will learn in english!!

but we learn in our mother language, and that's the problem I know.
so if I want to do a course in english I have to go in UK FTO (but very expensive ) or spain. (not a good idea to learn english with them).

" hope your RT does not sound like the above phrases."

like I said it is so easy to critisize others for their language when english is your language... I try to learn it and it is not easy when we have to do the course. We have to concentrate on the flight AND the RT.
For exemple I am going to leave France the 29 april for one month to improve my skills language.
well I do many mystakes but we have one advantage, at the end we will able to speak two languages, so it help very much for jobs

Air China, I agree, they send their pilots with a low level of english...

But the controller, I think, yes he should have adjusted his english of course!
his job is to help pilot too.

Last edited by sam34; 18th Apr 2007 at 10:50.