PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES - Wannabees & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2007, 08:57
amame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My interview

Hi all,
I just come back from the interview and I just personally think that it might be useful to post some of my story here.

I applied for Emirates last week throught the website and a few days later they called me for an interview at the Crew Center. (I'm in Dubai) Before today, I have never read anything about the interview at all. I just got an idea of being a crew, cos my boyfriend is one of them.

Over the phone, I was told to wear the business attire with natural make up. However when I was there, I saw one candidate showed up with very tiny skirt. Another one was wearing knee length boots. I was quite surprised.

I was there at the appointed time at 7.30 am. The real show starts at 10.30 I think. Lots of people were late.

I was sitting in the group discussion, 15 including myself. The topic was "Should we give the mobile to the children? If yes, at what age and if no, why not?"

As soon as the recruiter shut up, everyone started talking and nobody listened to anyone else. It was a big mess in the beginning. I didnt want to interrupt other when they were talking, so I stopped everytime I want to say something. There were like 7 people in the group who got a chance to speak. 2 of them acted like the group leader. 10 mins later, the discussion finished and I didnt even get a chance to open my mouth. It actually look more like an arguing to me, not a discussion!

10 mins later, we have recieved the letters. Definitely I'm out of it with no doubt! Besides all those 7 who talked, all gone as well. For those 7, the 2 who act as leaders are gone, the rest are all in. And yeah, they are those who is wearing micro skirt, knee boot and another gal who show up at almost 10.

I didnt have anything against the way they dress. However I feel funny with myself for waking up at 4.30 in the morning to put on my best suit and try to be there on time. I have no doubt for my fail, cos like I mentioned, I didnt get a chance to talk.

I might try again after 6 months to see if I start shouting like them, will I be in!

Good luck all!