PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Strike at Airlink
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2007, 05:46
3rdBogey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OLD pilots at Link?

Dear Beeech19, let me try to explain. Link is a bit of a strange place. It covers 2 different realms of
aviation. It is 'described' by some bitter people as a charter company. So be it. It certainly only
flies small airplanes, by world standards. But think of it, when you land in Frankfurt, and taxi
past the Lufthansa CRJ's, do you for a moment think anything "less" of their drivers? NO!
You know they are part of a great airline like the 600 drivers.
Link certainly IS an AIRLINE, although many similar bitter people would love to push you down
to convince you it isn't an airline. Remember, pilots LOVE to make other pilots feel inferior
to themselves.
That brings me to my point. At Airlink we have a strangely "Nice" crowd of pilots.
We have a noticeable lack of pilots who enjoy belittling and deriding other pilots for whatever
reason. No one seems to be able to explain why. I might add that I HAVE flown for a variety of
different organizations before, both airline and other. Further, as a colleague pointed out, most
all airline do have nice crews. True, I hope, because Link is not my final chapter. But it is a nice
company to work for.
Our pay now still leaves us at the bottom of the rest, but if you stay long enough with the company, you can make ends meet. No, you ain't gonna get wealthy, for that you go 'elsewhere'. But if you live the frugal lifestyle it is enjoyable. The actual flying is really good.
No, the enjoyable part does not come from the head office side, but we make it so amongst
ourselves.