PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My JQ interview experience.
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2007, 04:40
position & hold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats M & C on your achievement!

Are you on the August intake for the A330???

I did my sim in the B767, same exercise as described already, they are looking to see how quickly you get used to the aircraft handling. Basically you just need to know the numbers they give you and keep up the scan rate. As for power in the turns, i looked at the airspeed trend vector and made small thrust adjustments accordingly (it is a long way to look from your basic scan to look at the N1's), also, be aware that as the throttles are further away from you you can get a bit of assymetric thrust while manipulating them.
If you don't fly an aircraft with EADI or a stabilizer i suggest doing a lot of work on your PC flight sim. I used FS2004 and a realistic 767 downloaded off the net, do not worry too much if the following numbers do not work on the sim, just get used to the trim, EFIS and inertia. As previously mentioned, study the ML charts carefully and practice them as often as you can,

Flaps: 15 degrees except T/O and landing

Flight Sequence: Thrust (N1): Attitude: Speed:

T/O + Initial Climb 87% (Stop bar) 14deg Vr 120
Climb 140

Cruise 62% 1.5 deg 180
58% 3.0 deg 160
62% 5.5 deg 140

Steep turns 70% 3.0 deg 180

Final Approach 58% 2.5 deg 125
(gear/Flap 30)

Provided you are well prepared it will be more fun than anything you have ever done before, i was kind of disappointed when it was all over.

Best of luck to all of those who will be doing the testing over the next few months

P&H