PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pre-flight SNAFU's that could have been FUBAR's
Old 17th Apr 2007, 20:49
Alex_Ford

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I remember when learning to fly I was on a solo cross country flight from Leavesden (much missed in my mind and with a decent runway unlike Elstree and and to a lesser extent Denham) to a nav point to the north then a landing at Ipswich (another long gone airfield), and then a landing at Southend and finally back to EGTI. All had been going well and was en-route from Ipswich to Southend so I relaxed a little and moved the seat back to have a little more room, anyway I landed at Southend and then went to apply the toe brakes as ATC had asked me to stop before the cross runway and turn left, but... I had not returned the seat forward and therefore could not apply the brakes properly! I somehow managed to get the seat forward despite it wishing to go further back due to the laws of physics and eventually applied the brakes and turned off just before the intersection. Maybe a case of getting a bit too relaxed..Aircraft was a Warrior.

Alex Ford