PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Mauritius ab-initio program 2006/2007
Old 17th Apr 2007, 19:17
bombardier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Small and Smart

Hello Boys,
I understand the nature of this forum is about Ab-Initio program 2007. Lately, I seems to me that this forum is going nowhere because of me so I am going to do what`s right.
UAU peace man.I am sorry that I have offended you I am no expert at judging you psychologically.Please forget about this incident.
Dan I understand your fustration, I applied for co-pilot when I was 19, I was rejected as well because of my age.I can assure you that I am indeed 24.I can`t prove it to you.If you are still unsatisfied by my answer, you`ll have to take a chill pill and move on.Don`t let frustration build up.
About taking a loan to finance your studies I am totally against it for a few reasons:
1. Mk might not select you.
2. You might not be able to pay back your loan.
3. You will be investing your time and money in something completly risky.
Dan I am actually impressed with your qualifications and also by your memory.
Small and smart airline was actually the exact terms Dr Arjoon Suddhoo said about Air Mauritius in April 2003 in an interview when there was the airline crisis.Dan having a master`s in aviation does not mean you would be selected.I once met someone in 2005 who had(or was doing) a smililar degree, he did not make it to the group exercise, guess his profile said he did not possess the right aptitude to become an airline pilot.
About the age limit, in 2005 (you might be suprised) the took 19 candidates aged between 21 to 36.
Word of advice to those selected for the interview use small and smart airline catch phrase it will help.Also remember even off the cockpit do not speak your mind "freely" might create tension whenever you are flying again with that person.

Take care,
Boys

P.S: I met some South African Pilot who flew for Air Mauritius.They said the only reason they applied was to get their A340 ratings.They complained they were paid in Rs not USd.They left Mk and are currently flying for SAA.

P.P.S:Who said I don`t form part of the MK management myself.Just kidding or am I?