PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2007, 19:00
majik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The bi-lateral will fall, it was protectionism at its worst. SNN now has a glorious example in NOC, that an airport can without hiding behind some outdated agreement attract new a t/a route. SNN has the history/infrastructure/ tourist attractions to not lose t/a routes once the bi-lateral goes.

I very much agree that ORK would be better served by a RJ service rather than a full a320/737-700/800 for some routes however anybody with a vague interest in the airline business (like myself!) can do the maths and tell you that at current oil prices running RJs as opposed turboprops is economical suicide unless you have a very large fleet of them which brings economies of scale into play, Jet Magic anyone?

With regards to the YYT/YHZ route I mentioned. There would be a big demand for the YYT route in the summer. There are massive connections between Ireland and Newfoundland, particularly Waterford. Newfies even speak like people from Waterford . As with regards to demand, well if Zoom feel there is enough demand from the likes of CWL and BFS to run flights to YHZ, YYZ, YUL and YVR, then surely there would be enough demand from Cork.

Last edited by majik; 17th Apr 2007 at 19:24.