PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision)
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2007, 13:23
2close

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Blinkz,
My conversation directly with the CAA was less than 2 months ago and I clearly understood that the loophole had just then been closed - it was related to me exactly as I have stated here. As I said, if there are any doubts please feel free to call them.

WF,
If you have a UK Issued JAA CPL with restrictions and go to another member state they WILL see those restrictions when you try to change the State of Licence Issue (SOLI).

You will of course require a medical issued by the new SOLI and it is standard JAA practice for one country's AMC to contact another's AMC; in fact I believe they are required to when changing SOLI. If you pass the new country's medical including the CVD tests then it should not be a problem - I would have thought the new country would simply issue you with an unrestricted CPL. But of course, when they note the deviations they may simply refuse as Deviations are peculiar to the SOLI and are not transferable - in fact the UK is the only JAA member state that permits Deviations for CVD.

Biggles, contradictory information from within the CAA - surely you cannot be serious, man!!! Note slight hint of sarcasm!! But I will make a point of checking this when I am down at Gatwick next week and speak to the people F2F. I will report back in due course.