PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructing
Thread: Instructing
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2007, 13:17
the dean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes..learn from your students...do'nt allow them too much control ( say ..low and slow ...keep a hand discreetly close to the controls )..but do'nt take too much control from the student either. they wo'nt learn anything that way. remember its a learning curve for both of you.. for you from the point of view of experience and to know how far to trust the student.

you will find that by and large people make the same mistakes...but unfortunately for you, it is not always the same words that we use that will cure the problem for different people.

i have always taken the view that whereas people vary enormously in their abilities, it sould be possible to teach most people to fly and if you can't then it may ( though not always ) be your fault that you have not recognized and identified correctly the misunderstanding on the students part, or not found the correct words.

an old instructor many years ago said to me when i was doing my course...''if you remember that the guy in the left seat is trying to kill you .. ..you'll live a little longer..''

it is a most rewarding task that will lie ahead when you finish your course. enjoy it and the pleasure it will bring you.

good luck.gear up.

the dean.