PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thinking of getting JAA CFI, info please
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2007, 09:52
Evilbob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So in your mind someone could say,, well I was going to give you a job but been as you are a FI that did not use it I recon you reverse your qualifications and abilities and so cant fly!
Your flying ability is not what will be questioned, it will be you motivation that is doubted. You can be sure that any potential employer is going to be interested in why you didn't instruct after getting you qualification.

... I only really got it to go on my CV so did very very little actual teaching
Go to a flying school and tell them that, I'm sure they will snap you up and give you a big salary into the bargain.

First impressions count when going for any job, it's a simple fact. An employer needs to get to know a potential employee in a short space of time and you can't afford to give out negative impressions.

bored of this now.............................................
BORED BORED BORED NOW
Childish? quite possibley. You have to be humble, you have to be able to take criticism and you must be able to admit when you got it wrong. Not just in instructing (although this is very important since the student emulates everything you do) but throughout aviation.

If you can't recognise and admit mistakes, you won't be able to improve beyond your current standard.

Nobody knows it all, keep learning!