PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline bonding and redundancy
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2007, 08:59
winkle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i obviously dont come across very well, i might be wrong but financial bonding is a fairly new thing in this industry i may be wrong and am happy to be put right. i am fairly new to the industry and always thought that there was no need to hold people because the T & C of most of the companies were so good that it wasnt even considered. now that we have the locos etc and that life isnt so cosy anymore means people want to move around more often as the grass is always greener else where.
the other aspesct of all of this is when your T & Cs change ie go against your contract do you then have any legal recourse.
as an aside i am quite happy with the company i work for but want to push the principle of the bonding issue as far as possible.
there have been some excellent threads and some enlightening ones about eu law and bonding and so far there are lots of different viewpoints on it.
what if you get fired or fail line checks etc, how do you pay the money back, you probably wont get a loan without a job so its a bit of a vicous circle. your view point.
ttfn