PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Current Gulf Air issues (threads merged)
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2007, 07:56
Desert_Storm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

ODMEA; the problem is that you are taking this comments as a personal offence but reality shows that Bahrain lacks of a lot of the above mentioned. No doubt you are a local guy but i'll try to show you the expat point of view in order to help you visualize the real situation in Bahrain:
As an expat, if i look for a possible destination for a holiday, I'm pretty sure Bahrain wouldn't be in my plans since there is absolutely NOTHING to see or do here: No real resorts and I don't mean the 5 star hotel that you have in here loaded with fat guys, smoking sheesha watching a bunch of Eastern Europe hookers dance half naked but real resorts like the ones we have in Europe or America, with activities and attractions for the whole family 24/7.
About where to go in the city (Bahrain), well my friend, the options are very few: BJ's, JJ's, Wranglers and lately Z club; Shame S*+&..t, different places (the difference is that BJ's and JJ's are loaded with drunk american navy guys trying to score and Likwid and Club 7 loaded with local with the same intentions).
About city tourism, well, don't think anyone is going to pay any money to come here and see the Pearl Roundabout, Seef Mall and the Tree of life!!!!!!
C'mon ODMEA, all you local guys have to face that this place is just a small island with nothing to offer for the tourist man.
To top this up, do you realize that there are only 22 countries in the world that can get the tourist visa at the airport????? The other countries have to apply for a business visa but through a hotel, and not always this is possible because many times, this hotels get very difficult (don't forget that the only embassy that Bahrain has is located in Washington D.C so believe me that nobody is going to go there in order to get a visa for a place that has nothing to offer).
Well, i'm pretty sure that i am forgeting a lot of reasons for not coming here but i'm aware that you'll start throwing arrows against me, then, i'll have the chance to give you more examples of this. Cheers mate!

Last edited by Desert_Storm; 17th Apr 2007 at 09:33. Reason: misspelling