PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF L/H accomodation possible changes
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2007, 03:07
Doofus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Hi All,

I am a casual crew member that is suffering financially from Maurices (MAM) greed to over-employ casual crew.I have been flying for several years and we can only watch in horror to see how they are flooding the full-time positions with casuals.

Many casual crew on contracts A & B are now being made NOT REQUIRED for multiple days each week and are only given MEL or CBR rtns when we are working.Where I was once earning a decent payslip,I am now bringing home around $900 per fortnight.

Our concerns have been raised with the FAAA,MAM's & Qantas regarding the constant drive to employ casuals when many of us are not getting work,yet they cannot give us any explanation.When we speak to Maurice over the phone,he just responds with "Those of you on contracts A & B will be begging me for work!"

It's time to consider a CHANGE OF UNION.Perhaps the TWU or ACTU who will fight for the workers rights.As for the FAAA,they have been selling us out for a long time like they did to the crew at ANSETT.

Don't pay them for the job they have clearly not been doing for years...

RAY HADLEY on 2GB radio received an email which he read on air this morning (Tuesday 17th April,2007).It was regarding them story in Monday 16th April article in the SMH.It was interesting to read this front page article and it seems that all 3 parties are now in damage control.

I'm sure RAY HADLEY will be happy to receive more emails or phone-calls from other crew....So open those floodgates before the dam bursts!

www.2gb.com.au
Ray Hadley - ph: 131873