PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - calling all WSOp OCU students
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2007, 22:19
Roguedent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What Does The F.o Stand For

I guess its F#*K OF*. Well thats what you will be doing in you PVR letter. I have a past paper, all it needs is the name changing for yours. I know I am cynical, but you have just raised the bar. You count yourself lucky for being there . I am sure you trained hard, and thats what got you there, not luck. DOn't ask for a AVPO post, I don't think your gonna get it.
Dancing Bear, if you had the nuts to and the courage to join then go for it! Does the GF actually know what the lifestyle involves, or what she she sees on the BBC or CNN. Also I guess shes seen a load of movies that show us all as bronzed heros with a women in each port. We all like to whine, but at the end of the day its the Job and the bloke/women next to you that do it for. The morale isn't as high as it should be, but the banter levels are! Being a part of the forces, is a life thats defo worth it. Yes we go to some hell holes, at the moment, but thats due to a polictical stance that isn't pro-military. Times change, and so does the forces. I haven't met an old and bold who hasn't said 'It was better in my day!' But I hear that from people who have been in 10 years as well. Its all about your perspective. I wish you all the best
p.s In reply to J.A.F.O - - I would answer Yes to all his questions apart from the brochures one and making your mind up