PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - calling all WSOp OCU students
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2007, 21:37
Rude C'man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I may get shot down in flames for this , but you have should have been to the wannabies brief the last thursday of every month at Cranwell. If you havent been offered this by your AFCO get on the phone ASAP and get you arse down there , all the above questions WILL be answered. All the staff are aircrew WSOP staff and students alike. If you have ANY doubts then , I suggest there are no doubts , DON'T JOIN UP . It is a given that within 2-3 years, if not sooner, YOU WILL be at the frontline . The WSOP branch is a very rewarding branch no matter where your streamed or posted. I'll state my pension that YOU will be operational ASAP after you complete the OCU or OCF. The front line needs new blood and there you will get the experience needed to progress. If you or your partner / GF have doubts YOU must take a good long look at your futures , and to be honest YOU should have done this way before getting offered a place at Halton.
As for your age Ive trained 38 yr olds that have breezed the training , mainly because they wanted to fly and had it deep in their heart to succeed and wear the coverted NCA brevet.
Think hard and don't be put of by RUMOUR this is a RUMOUR web site , it even says so in the title!!
True fact, my friend will assist you in your decsion , all I'd say is I have had 22 yrs in the RAF and reumustered to Aircrew late , I have thorougly enjoyd my flying , but its cost me dearly !! That was my choice, based on fact.
I may come across strong, what Im trying to be is HONEST ! I have no answers and cant give advice , no one can. All we can do is give you the facts and let you make the choice.
I wish you luck my friend and hope one day you'll tell me your story of your doubts early one morning whilst were sat waitng to start the engines!

Last edited by Rude C'man; 16th Apr 2007 at 21:55.